Friday, February 10, 2017

I Vow...

We knew that we wanted to write our own vows before we were ever even engaged.  I had ideas swimming in my head as to what I wanted to put into my vows, but when time came to actually put them down on paper, I was stumped.  I didn't know how to organize and to explain and to show what I was feeling and what John meant to me.  So I went back to where it all start, and it started with this blog.  So to fully appreciate this post, you may want to read more of this blog or all of it, in case if you haven't. I'd start with the beginning, just sayin'.  ;)

Five years ago, I began a new chapter in my life.  One where I began to look at life through a whole new lens.  It was a profound experience of self discovery and what emerged was a desire to find affirmation to the new thoughts and beliefs that I acquired along the way. So many of my thoughts revolved around love and what it truly meant to love and to be loved.  What I grew to believe is  that the love between a husband and wife is like no other, but that this love only existed through proofs.  These proofs are in the way in which you are looked at.  The way in which you are spoken to and listened to.  The way in which you are touched.  The way in which you are made to laugh and the way in which you are still capable of finding individuality in togetherness.  I believe that these proofs create a place where your beauty shines and all of your imperfections diminish because of their irrelevance.  It’s a place where you find yourself happiest because you are safe to be your true self. And it’s a place where you want to go when you are up, down or anywhere in between because this place is home. 
John, you have breathed life into my thoughts and hopes and have affirmed that I am not a crazy person or atleast that I am not the only one, lol.  You have made my beliefs a reality and you are my amazing. 
Despite all of the years of adventures, heartaches, and happinesses that we did not share with one another, our paths crossed at precisely the right time.  I am grateful for that and for you.  So without further adieu… 
I promise to you to never lose sight of what brought us here today and to love, respect and appreciate you for all that you are and all that we are. I promise to laugh with you, cry with you, and grow with you as we adventure through life together.  I promise that you will never find a better Internet steal than the 2 for 1 you found in Ewan and myself.  I promise to stand by your side to celebrate in your successes, to encourage you in times of doubt, and to take your hand when you may fall.  I promise to be as proud and as happy as I am today to be your wife… all the days of my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment