Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Double Punch to the Heart

Today my grandmother passed away. 

My mother, my aunt, and my grandfather were all there with her when she took her last breath and my mother told me that it was a peaceful one.  I don't think that you can ask for anything more than that... to go in peace.

If I could describe my grandmother in one word, I would pick generous.  Unbelievably generous.  Between 4 children, 9 grandchildren, and 11 great grandchildren... There was never a birthday, holiday, or anniversary forgotten not to mention all the nameless givings in between. 

My grandmother was 83 years old and she and my grandfather were married for almost 63 years.  I love that story.  But now my heart goes out to my grandfather who now has to adjust to a life without my grandmother after all of those years. 

Rest in peace grandma... <3

***

Today my dog had to be put down.

She recovered from her kidney infection, but it was her liver that was failing her.  She had been on IVs for a couple of days with the hope that the infection would clear out.  But there was no improvement.  Jaundice had set in and she hadn't eaten in over a week.  She was a very sick little girl and the only humane option was to let her go.

Rest in peace Skye... <3


No comments:

Post a Comment