Thursday, July 24, 2014

So Much Joy

So much joy... that is what my summer vacation has been so far.  And so far, my summer vacation has been very simple.  What has been bringing me so much joy is my son.  I am having such an amazing time doing the simplest of things with him.  There have been no grand adventures.  So far, all that we have done is visit my parents, go to a few pool parties, spend a couple of mornings at the beach, and  ride bikes to the neighborhood playground.  That's it.  Our biggest day out was today, we took the subway to the Central Park Zoo, ate ice cream, climbed the "mountains" in the park, and played at a playground.  It was a blast!

Since day one of my summer vacation, which has almost been a month, my son has been such a sweetheart!   So much so it reminds me of how he consistently used to be before the terrible threes and what has turned into the sassy fours.  Not that I haven't seen any sweetness in the past two years, lol, but not so as much without the other stuff thrown in between.  And, it has been awesome!

The sassy mouth started around December.  I have to admit, this phase has been my least favorite and the hardest for me.  I hated the threes when he got angry and would throw things.  But my already vocal child now vocalizing his opinion on e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. Everything!  And not always in a pleasant or appropriate tone, ugh... tested my patience to the very core. 

My little boy is growing up.  He is going to be starting kindergarten in September and in these past few weeks, I've noticed some other changes in him as well.  He looks older.  He's losing more of that baby look to him.  His vocabulary has also changed alot as well.  The words that he uses and the expressions that he uses, lol... they make me laugh!  So yes, I have really been enjoying the extra time that I am fortunate to have with him while I am on summer vacation.  (The perks of being a teacher!)

He is still keeping me on my toes, but even when he is, I can see that light in his eyes.  He's trying to play me.  But deep down he's every bit the sweetheart that I have had a hard time parting with (Only sent him to day care once so far, once!  That's how great it's been!).  And that has brought me so much joy and happiness.  So much I almost don't know what to do with it, but to just enjoy and appreciate every drop of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment