Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Last Redezvous?

In October I was feeling a bit down and out.  I was tired of meeting wrong guy after wrong guy.  Even my mom could feel the frustration and she told me that "he was just around the corner."  And you know, I actually believed her.  Ever since I had come home from my NW trip, I felt that I was in a new phase.  I felt different.  I did feel as if he were just around the corner and my mom saying that to me only helped me to actually believe it even more.

So, I started to think about how BIG this actually was going to be when it happened.  As wonderful and as amazing as it was going to be, the one thing that was bittersweet to me was going to be the change of dynamics between my son and myself.  That sounds completely selfish, I know.  I want nothing more than a great man for both of us.  But, we do have something special.  I know it will always be special, but part of that uniqueness comes from it being just the two of us.

Those thoughts gave me the courage to book a trip to Disney World for just me and my son.  I didn't ask anyone else, not my parents... no one.  I wanted it to be just the two of us.  And we are leaving tomorrow... actually today... in 9 hours.  I can't believe it is here already.  I am super excited and super nervous all at the same time.  I think that I am going to need a vacation after my vacation, lol.  But it is going to be truly special and magical.  I am so happy to be spending it with my son... alone. 

You see, I think that perhaps he was just around the corner, a corner that I turned... :)

We will be back Friday... Hopefully I will have pictures to share next weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment