Sunday, February 16, 2014

Proofs of Love

It was almost exactly two years ago that I stepped back out into the dating world.  It had taken me nearly a year to do this and in that first year I did some deep soul searching about who I was and who I needed and wanted to be in my life.  The past two years of dating has helped me to define that, but the foundation was built as I began to rebuild myself that first year. 

Two years ago, I wrote a post with the same title as this one...  Proofs of Love (click to read the older version).  When I wrote that I did so almost innocently.  I was so full of hope that this actually existed.  It wasn't based on anything other than the quote, "There is no love, only proofs of love" and my own romantic optimism. 

Yesterday morning I sat in my classroom before my work day began and read that post.  I had forgotten what my Valentine's Day had been like that first year.  I had somewhat forgotten about that post and certainly didn't realize that I had posted it on Valentine's Day. 

Reading that post yesterday morning, brought tears to my eyes.  Two years ago, those words were what I was hoping for.  They were what I had wanted to find and to feel with someone.  Yesterday, I realized that I have all that I had wanted for when I wrote that post... I am given proofs of love everyday by this incredible man that I call my New Yorker. 

The entire day was completely wonderful yesterday.  And at the end of the night when he told me that he loved me, I looked at him, smiled, and said "I know."  He asked how and my response was quick and easy.  "You show me."  After a short nod, he kissed me on the forehead and felt surrounded by it... his love.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment