Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Proofs of Love

I've been a mucho slacker on this lately.  I've been extremely busy which has made me extremely tired which led me to feel like my writing would be dull and I don't want to post anything half baked.  I've got lots to write about, my venture into the dating world, Maine, and The Happiness Project and I am so happy to have the time tonight to sit and write.

In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I would take this quote that I happened to find in The Happiness Project and share it with you.  "There is no love; there are only proofs of love" (Pierre Reverdy).

Love is such a funny thing.  We love our children, our significant others, our parents, our siblings, our other family members, our friends, and our pets.  But we also love movies, songs, food, books, etc, etc, etc.  Such a random gathering all falling under the same word, love.

I want to explore the type of love that doesn't need a label.  The type of love that you know exists because you can feel it.  It is warm and it is genuine and it is happiness inside and out.  It is a place where you want to go when you are up or down or anything in between because you know that you will be received in the same manner no matter how you present yourself.  It's a place where you are truly accepted and because of that, you feel comfortable with yourself and you want to share yourself completely because you know that it is safe to.  You also know that the more that you put in, you will receive back tenfold.

You don't have hear the words "I love you," because you are given instead these proofs of love.  These proofs are in the way you are looked at.  The way in which you are spoken to and listened to.  The way in which you are touched.  The way in which you are made to laugh. The way in which you learn and grow.  And the way in which you never cease to be amazed.

I love... proofs of love.  <3



1 comment:

  1. I loved that quote too. It really made me stop and think.

    ReplyDelete