Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Something Magical

Even though it's been nearly three weeks since our vacation has come and gone, I still must post about our vacation to Disney!!!

Disney was something magical.  Truly.  I am so happy that I didn't let any fear or worry stop me from taking my son there by myself.  We had such a wonderful, memorable time.  And... it's all mine.

Here are some of the best moments...
1.  It started on our drive to the airport.  Car service came to get us.  Car service had some bad gas.  It took me awhile to catch on.  But my son noticed right away.  And he so called the driver out every time by announcing that it smelled like "old soup" in the car.  Lol... glad there wasn't any traffic at 6 am on a Sunday, we got to the airport rather quickly.  Phew!
2.  The wonder and excitement in my son's expression when we arrived at The Animal Kingdom (our first stop) when I told him we were finally at Disney World.
3.  His first meet and greet with characters came the next morning at Hollywood Studios with Chip and Dale!  He ran right up to them with hugs and smiles.  He was SO excited.
4.  My son lost his tooth at Hollywood Studios!!!  Literally, I think he ate it with his lunch, atleast that's when I noticed it was gone.  A lunch with Disney Jr. characters!
5.  My son picked out a snake at the Indiana Jones gift shop.  That snake came with us to every park after that day.  That snake put on a "magic" show every morning on our bus ride to the park.  That snake broke the ice with everyone that came our way.  My son, the people charmer with his sidekick snake.  Lol... I love that kid.
6.  We were up and at it every morning to open up the park of the day.  We stayed all day long.   Only once out of the five days there did we go back to the hotel to "rest" for the night.  By rest I mean go swimming.  My son was a little trooper.  At four, he walked all day everyday.  No stroller!  And he didn't have any accidents.  We didn't even have to get out of any lines to use a bathroom.  He was awesome!
7.  Parades... My son LOVES parades.  We watched the parade at Animal Kingdom.  We watched a day parade at Magic Kingdom.  We watched the electric parade at the Magic Kingdom 4 times!  By the fourth time, we declared ourselves worthy of joining all those who start walking at the end of the parade and joining it.  It was our last night... why not?
8.  A new friend... One night at the kiddie pool, my son made a friend.  He was a boy about the same age as my son, but he had some obvious disabilities.  I think he may have been autistic.  However, my son played with him as if he were just like any other kid.  This boy was scared of the water (a foot deep) and afraid to jump and splash in it.  My son took his hand and "taught" him how to jump.  They had a great time together.  I was so proud of him.
9.  We hit some bad weather on the plane ride home.  The turbulance wasn't bad, but we had some delays.  Our plane even landed at a different airport and waited until the fog lifted in NYC.  We were on that plane for about 8 hours (it was a 2.5 hour flight home).  My son was so good on the plane.  Thank God!!!
10.  We both had our moments, but... I couldn't have asked for anything better.  I cannot express how special this little vacation was other than to call it something magical.

                                                                 
The Animal Kingdom


My son's favorite part... Dino Land!


Hollywood Studios





Epcot


A Luau breakfast with Pluto, Mickey, Lilo, and Stitch!

The Magic Kingdom

Buzz Lightyear... One of our favorite rides.

It's a Small World... I lost count how many times we rode through this one.  

I used a Fast Pass for both the parade and fireworks... VIP seating, nice!







No comments:

Post a Comment