Friday, March 7, 2014

Knowing and Doing

There is quite a difference between knowing something and doing something.  Knowing lives in thoughts, doing lives in actions.  However, there is a powerful connection between the two.  And if I may, I'd like to quote a one Ms. Oprah Winfrey, "If I had known better, I would have done better."  That quote has run through my mind many times and it especially helped in some of the early days after Dale's death when I was confused and questioned what had happened and why.

After writing my post yesterday, I started to reorganize myself (even updated and printed out a new "Daily Rituals" checklist) and thought about what it is that I need to be doing and what needs to be happening in my life to get me out of the rut that I feel I have been in.  I've made some slight changes and overall, atleast on Day 1, I am feeling better.  One thing that I was reminded of after writing yesterday's post was that on maintaining.  I reread that post which sounded all too familiar to my post from yesterday.  That familiarity reminded me that I actually know what it is I need and want to do, but the problem lies in actually doing it.

So I was reminded of yet another thing... the word itself, maintaining.  I had been searching for a bead to represent maintaining, but just like the bead that I had wanted to get for "the process" nothing jumped out at me.  I didn't know what I wanted so I didn't get anything.  However, yesterday, I did find a bead to represent maintaining.

This stone of courage is said to be named after the female Amazonian warriors. Some say, however, that it is simply named after the Amazon River in Brazil, where it is found embedded in boulders of hard granite. It is also called the Hope stone, since it inspires confidence and hope. - See more at: http://www.trollbeads.com/global/en-us/products/beads/80106(base_usd)#sthash.dDgGla3X.dpuff
This is the Amazonite bead... The stone of courage named after the female Amazonite warriors.
It is also said to be the hope stone since it is supposed to inspire confidence and hope.

This bead looks strong to me.  And when I read the caption about it, it seemed fitting.  Fitting enough to be my next bead to represent maintaining.

After this bead, I think that I have room for two more.  One spot is already taken for "The Process."  I had to send back the rainbow bead I bought for it because it didn't look like a rainbow at all.  I have yet to find a bead to represent that important life reminder.  I'm still looking though.  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment