Friday, April 4, 2014

I Just Know

"I just KNOW."

That's the text I got the other day from my New Yorker.  And just like all the biggies that we've discussed, this too was one that was not surprising.  I already knew.  I already knew from both his end and mine.  We talked about this later that night on the phone and he went further into explaining things.  My explanation was to say that before I even fell in love with him, I just knew too.  I knew something was different.  Something was special.  And the nerves that I had in the first couple of dates were quickly replaced with a sense of calm and comfort ability because without being able to completely explain it or understand it, I could feel it and more than just that, I could trust it.

I didn't know after the first date.  All I knew after the first date was that I wanted to go out with him again for having left with me a feeling that I hadn't felt with anyone else that I had met, appreciation.  (See A Change in Plans)  And as I just reread that myself, it makes me happy to read the words that I wrote about him before I even knew him.  He does lay it all out there... he communicates well, he's not a game player... he's honest, and I used the word trust back then and I can still use it today.  :)

There was never a moment where it just hit me.  That unsure, yet exciting feeling when you hit that certain milestone in a relationship was something I never really felt with him.  There's excitement in different ways... but as for being unsure or uncertain... that is something that I never felt with him.  Like I wrote above, it's peaceful and comforting.  And like I just wrote... our excitement comes in different ways.  Enjoyable things that we do together and have made plans on doing together.  That's how it should be.  There's no living in limbo with him.  I know exactly where he stands and how he feels.  I give him all the credit in that because he has been nothing but completely honest and genuine and he is able to easily communicate with me all of his thoughts.  There's no need to doubt or guess and that leaves room for the trust to build.  And that's how I know. 

WE just know. 

:)




No comments:

Post a Comment