Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Change in Plans

First of all, I can't believe that it has been two weeks since I last posted!  I know I have been slacking lately, but a two week vacation?!?  Really me???

There have been a few things on my mind that I have wanted to post, but tonight, this topic takes the cake because... it's what's on my mind.  Guys... I've met someone!  :)

He is my first born and raised New Yorker.  He's loud, he has an accent, he swears, he hates the subway...yep, a genuine New Yorker, and... he's completely charming. 

We went on our second date last night and it was just... fun!  We started off at a quaint pizza and wine bar.  It was such a nice night out and we were so close to Rockefeller Center and the 5th Ave. window displays, I we just had to walk around!  We held hands, we talked, we took pictures, we acted like tourists, we saw... FAO Schwartz!  We went in and played with hand puppets and had a sword fight, you know, the typical second date things.  After we left we found a little cafe, had hot chocolate and gelato and called it a night.  It was just... simple and fun and I completely appreciated that, so much! 

I think at a different time, he may have been one of the many guys that I had a very nice first date with, but would feel comfortable in letting him go without a second.  What I knew after the first date was that I wanted a second not because sparks were flying, but because of who he was.  He was someone who actually picked up the phone and called me a couple of times before our first date.  He actually said "Wow" when I walked into the bar and complimented me throughout the night.  He ordered a bottle of wine (that I selected), tons of food, and just didn't seem to care about the money spent on a first date.  He seems to lay it all out there, and although I am not turned on by the fact that he owns an adult onesie (yes, you read that correctly and yes, he shared that with me prior to our first date, and yes, I still went) I appreciate the fact that he owns that, as in himself.  I don't feel like there's any game going on and even when we didn't finalize our plans for last night until about 5 pm, I could trust that it was still going to happen.  That goes such a long way. 

He's worn a suit both times (although that can be considered work attire).  He loves Broadway shows, yet he is a very manly man.  I love his voice.  It's low, it's gruff... it's kinda sexy.  I find him to be cute though.  I think he is one of those people who would dote on that someone special.  That sounds nice, doesn't it?

My sister told me today to not think about him being the one.  Sista... I got that covered.  Honestly, I can't think that way... it actually scares me.  It's too much for me to think about, not just with him, but with anyone.  I know I talk about meeting my amazing all the time, but I find it frightening as well.  If anything, I feel that I have been more reserved with him because I feel like I could really like him.   But, that's as far as I can go with it right now.  I've learned from my dating experiences that you can't count on anything more than just the moment you're in.  I also learned to appreciate those good moments when you have them.  So, that's what I am doing.  I am enjoying the moments and I am excited about it.  This is different than with Jesse.  It was too soon for me to be openly excited about him with others and moreso with myself.  But actually, I think I want to take this into its own post, I know, I know... but I still want to. 

Right now... it's the New Yorker.  He was unexpected and found me online in which I was supposed to get off of.  He stepped in and kind of ruined those plans.  Just like I think I may have to give up on my singles board game meetup group for now.  Oh well... I am just happy to have some fun company for now to enjoy some good moments with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment