Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Oh No He Didn't


Yes, I know its been a long time since my last post... I've been busy!  So, I decided to that this would make for a good "been slacking (with good things) with my writing post."  

I got a text.  Not just any text, thee text.  A text from Jesse!  It actually happened about 3 weeks ago.  It was a Friday around 4:00.  I was getting ready to go out with my New Yorker to meet his friends for the very first time.  When I saw it.  I had to do a double, no.. a triple take.  When I saw whom the text was from.  I hesitated before reading it because I had NO idea what it was going to say and... I wasn't sure what I wanted it to say.

What is said was this, "Hey, what are you doing tonight?"

?!?!?!?!?!?!?.. @#!$!%$#@@#$!!!!.... What????!!!.... @#$%@!?

After all this time, that's the text I got?  Then I wondered if it was a mistake text.  Well, of course a group text went out to my friends to spread the news and ask their opinion.  

At first I wasn't going to reply because 1.  what a lame text and 2.  I didn't want Jesse anymore (yay! :))  But, then the person who had been hurt by him came our and the best response that I could think of that could sting and would not open any doors was, "Who is this?"  About 4 hours later, I got a response.  It was an apology for texting the wrong person.  

Was it a mistake?  That's a possibility.  I've done it before, but only with people that I have texted recently.  He would have had to look someone up with a name close to mine in his address book and then click on me instead of the "right" person.  But maybe it wasn't a mistake.  And if it wasn't, what a poor excuse for a man who could never (never) just man up.  

I had to admit that this text effected me a bit, how could it not?  I had wanted to hear from him for SO long.  The person that I am now, the person who knows that Jesse is not the man for me, the person who believes she has found her amazing in another man, brushed it off.  A bit happy to have finally have heard from him and more happy to have slammed the door in his face.  That same person felt a bit sad for the old me of this past year who had wanted nothing more than to hear from him.  It's funny though how things work out the way that they should.  There were better things in store for me and it didn't take me long to realize how much better, how much happier, how amazing, and how lucky I was to have met my New Yorker. 

But Jesse... Oh no he didn't!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment