Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Another's Treasure

Photo 


So here it is.  My ugly bracelet.  Yes, I admit it.  It's rather ugly.  There's no rhyme or reason... the beads are random.  But in actuality, that was the purpose.  I made up my mind in the very beginning that I would go with what I felt and I did and this is what I got, a very expensive piece of jewelry that looks, well... lol.  But it is completely sentimental.  It was worth every penny.  I love it and I will treasure it always.  

This will probably be the last time I will ever mention it in my blog (atleast with any detail).  But as with every other post on this blog, it is entirely for my benefit and I am going to do one last rundown of each bead (because frankly, sometimes I forget :/).  So, starting from the left...

1.  The Koi Clasp:  I've never mentioned having this before, but it was actually the first piece that I had on this bracelet.  I figured that it couldn't help to have a little bit of luck with me.  We all need it from time to time.  

2.  Rose Quartz:  The only bead that I have that didn't represent something that I had learned.  Even though it wasn't the last bead that I bought, it did take the last empty space that I had.  I bought it shortly after meeting John.  Rose quartz is believed to heal the broken heart from the past and to invite love in.  All I knew in the beginning with John was that something felt different and that I wanted a solid and genuine shot to see where it could go.  I didn't want my past (my past relationships or past self) to get in the way of that.  

3.   Purple Passion:  My very first bead which symbolized to me the choices that we have in life.  Live the live that you want.  Sometimes it may be hard to see, but there are always choices.  Choose the life that you want and do so with passion.  

4.  Amazonite Bead:  This is a stone of courage and hope.  To me, this is my bead that represents the tough job of maintaining... to maintain (not to become stagnant) all that I have learned and what has become important to me.  

5.  White Petals:  Truth.  Honesty.  Be yourself.  

6.  "Wherever your heart is, that is where you will find your treasure."  A quote from The Alchemist that is engraved onto this bead. 

7.  Blue Desert:  The bead I got after I took my first solo trip to Las Vegas.  The bead that represents independence.  The ability and more important the knowledge and belief that you can do it!

8.  Green Mosiac:  I got this one about a year ago when I felt that I had healed enough where the pieces were able to be put back together.  There's only so much that you can do and there comes a point where you have to let go and let what you started, what you created play out.  And of course, have a little faith that everything will happen the way in which it was meant to .

9.  Lime Prism:  This one represents our inner light.  We all have one.  Let it shine!

10.  Pink Diamonds:  This one represents the war wounds that life can leave upon us.  But if we choose to, we can overcome what life throws at us and become stronger than we ever thought we could be... like a diamond.  

11.  Caring Light:  Ironic that the only bead that I did not buy for myself was the one that was lost the day that my son took my bracelet apart.  What I lost was a leaf, it represented this blog... to speak your truth without fear and with dignity and poise.  I chose this one to replace it because inside of this heart is a tree and it's name is caring light.  It reminded me of this blog's title and so I chose this one to replace what I once had.  

12.  Blue Swirl:  I chose this one to represent forgiveness. 

13.  Black Flower:  I got this one after my dog Argyle died.  To me, it represents the darkness, the tough times that we encounter in life.  However, even the dark times are surrounded by a light.  It may take awhile to find it, but it is always there.  

14.  White Flower:  The opposite which will always be placed next to the black flower bead because I bought this one after my dog Skye died.  This one is about the past.  The past is just that, in the past and it can be a very tough goodbye.  But there is hope, there is a light, and there is much to look forward to.  

15.  Chakra:  My last and final bead which represents the process.  Don't wish it away, don't rush it.  It's hard, I know that I have.  But it is the process that so much learning and beauty in life is had.  

16.  Blue Swirls:  This bead represents balance and how important balance in every aspect of your life is.  I think one of the keys to happiness, atleast my own, is to live a balanced life.

17.  Orange Swirl:  My second bead, I bought this when I was in Las Vegas.  I had made a mistake in doing so and this became my "don't settle" bead.  Don't settle, be patient, be passionate, and do everything that you can to get what you want.  Don't settle for anything less than you deserve.

18.  Simple Beauty:  It is the simple things in life that mean the most.  Take the time to appreciate the beauty in the simplest of things.  


It took my two years and three months to complete my bracelet. This way in which I chose to represent my learning and growth is over and it is a bit sad that there is no room left on my bracelet.  However, I had fun creating it and I appreciate it for what it means to me.  I have enjoyed the process and what led me to the beads that I have, but I also realize that it ended at a perfect time.  It was in February when I finished filling my bracelet.  A perfect time for this ending because there was so much new and exciting things just beginning in my life.  

So this is it... what may seem meaningless and ugly to one may be an other's treasure.  This is mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment