Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Comfort to Just Be

There are many things that I do, things that I seek out, things that I absorb all for the sake of finding comfort.  One thing that I have been able to find comfort in, as time passes, is music.  Music was and can still be a trigger of memories and emotions, but what I find the most comfort in, is in music that I consider "mine."  It's in music that had no previous sentimental meaning, a blank slate, if you will.  A place where I can get lost, even if it is for just a few minutes.    

Today I was reminded of a movie, The Piano.  Today I found comfort in the beauty of a piano, in The Promise by Michael Nyman.  To me, it was one of those pieces that found its way in quickly and I immediately felt a sense of longing, a sadness.  However, the elegance of the piano and music equally created a sense of peace and hope as time passed.  In The Promise, I had found a place outside of myself where sadness, peace, and hope all could coincide. 

It is a gift that I have taken from my experience and that is in finding a comfort to help live in the moment, to find joy in the moment, and to just be. I hope this helps you to find your own comfort, even if it is for just a few moments.  









No comments:

Post a Comment