Saturday, June 30, 2012

When It Rains It Pours...

... and lately it has been raining men!  Although I don't quite think I want to say "Allejuah" just yet.

Even though this past month has been rather stressful, I have been chatting with quite a few men online this past month.  I took the month of May off from the dating scene because I needed to deal with more personal and important issues in reaching that one year mark.  However, when June arrived, I felt like I was much more ready to begin dating and to potentially move on in this manner.  I know I had been on dating sites for a few months now and had been on a date, but I just felt more ready.  I really think I mentally needed to get past that first year.

June came and it didn't come quietly.  I don't know why, but there where so many men that were consistently chatting back and forth with me that I had a hard time juggling them all, lol.  I know, I am such a dork. But, I couldn't.  I don't know how people can actually date more than one person at a time... that's some multitasking!

The result of all of this... one date!  It's funny how things work out and how timing is so critical.  There was one week where I literally could have had 3-4 dates, not that I would have gone on that many, but I couldn't even go on one that week, my babysitter was out of town.  And the thing about online dating is that I feel like time is of the essence.  People move on and they move on quick!  So, there were a few men that the chats quickly faded and that was okay, I actually led them in that direction so that I could focus more on a couple that I had more interest in.

The date that I did have was a nice date.  This man was very sweet and the conversation went well.  But like my first date, it was just nice.  It was nothing more, nothing less.  Now, I am not looking for a "bad boy" by any means.  But I am definitely looking for more than nice.  I want to be impressed... moved... I want to feel something.

So I made plans to go out with another man who was completely different.  However, I ended up canceling them because there are things that I know I want and don't want.  I also know that this is a learning process and I will tweak those wants; however, there are some things that I know will stick.  Like, clingy.  I can't do clingy and this guy gave me that vibe and it is too early in the game to be that needy.  Maybe I assumed and maybe I am completely wrong, but I need to trust my gut and I did and that's more important than how many dates I go on.

Now that June is almost over, I feel as though things have started to simmer down.
But, that's actually okay, because I am leaving first thing tomorrow morning for the first of my big summer adventures and I won't be back for a week and an half!  Woo hoo.

I seem to have good luck meeting people on my little getaways... who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment