Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sing in the Morning

This month's Happiness Project focus is on parenthood and as I have already posted, one of the suggestions is to sing in the morning.  The purpose is to help create a light mood and to start the day off right.

Lol, I have to laugh at this one because I am such a lousy singer.  It's embarrassing actually.  It's so bad that my two year old son tells me just about every time I break out into a sing song melodious rant, "No singing Mommy!"  There is but one exception... when I sing in the morning.

One thing that is very important to me and I have tried so hard at doing was to keep my husband as alive as can be to our son.  Talking about him, looking at photos, taking our son to visit his side of the family, and creating some traditions are all ways that I have tried to keep his spirit alive.  Another of these ways is to sing the song that he used to sing to our son in the morning to wake him up.  I have no idea where it came from or if it is just a song that he made up.  It's funny, it's cute, it's a way to wake up.  It goes like this... "Get up, get up, get out of bed... Get up, get up, you sleepy head..."  And that's it.  Or atleast that's all that I know of it.

So, every morning that I go in to wake up my son, that is what I sing to him.  And you know what?  He never tells me to "Stop singing Mommy."  Even on the mornings that I can tell he just does not want to get up for anything, he still let's me sing this song.  The best (and worst, lol) part is that when he wakes up before me or if he ever sees me close my eyes for more than the 1/2 second it takes to blink, this is what I get... "Wake up sleepy head... (in the same tune as the song itself)."  It's absolutely adorable.  Not always welcomed, but always appreciated.  I need reminders too.

Sing in the morning.  Each day is a gift.  Enjoy the moment and the life you are lucky enough to wake to each day.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment