Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cold, Cold Maine

I have been on a roll with the living the right life postings and I was looking forward to the next one; however, after recent events and yesterday's posting, the timing was just too perfect to let this one pass by.

So today I am going to update you on a recent post, Maine.  That cold, cold (figuratively and probably literally at this time of year) state of Maine.  I had posted how I had received an e-mail and photos out of the blue from the guy that I met while visiting Maine back in September.  Well, I waited about a week after responding very nicely to his gesture and got that "why did he bother to do it... again?" feeling.  After talking to some girlfriends, they suggested that I just come out and ask him what his intentions were.  So, I decided to do just that.  Why not?  He had mentioned Facebook before and I decided to contact him through Facebook and before I knew it, we were Facebook friends.  

Facebook has its positives and negatives.  In this case, it gave me a glimpse into the life of this strange guy and my first "discovery" was that he had a girlfriend, or so I thought.  They certainly spent alot of time together and they had some innocent yet suggestive postings.  That made me really mad.  I didn't care if he had a girlfriend or not, I disregarded him months ago.  I was mad that he felt the need to pop back in, not respond, and then potentially have a girlfriend on top of that.  So I wrote him.  I basically told him that.  Actually, this is what I wrote...

     "So as the pictures you sent last month grabbed my attention, I hope being your FB "friend" will grab yours.  The question is, why?  Yes, it was nice, but really unnecessary.  It's been months and we never really established any kind of friendship through the few email exchanges we had.  The thing is, is that I don't want empty relationships of any kind.  You're not an old friend that can pop in every few months and all is well.  I find it to be boring and dull despite how interesting I think you really are.  If you want to get to know me, then show up.  If you don't, then there's no need for random out of the blue emails.  And if you have a girlfriend, then leave me alone.  I'm actually being quite genuine here.  I don't want people in my life for the sake of having people.  So you got my attention, why did you want it?"

What do you think?  I had one of my girlfriends laughing hysterically, although she got the first draft which was a bit more intense.  Well, needless to say, I received no response to this.  I planned to keep  him as a Facebook friend just for a week or two just so that if he did respond, I would be able to receive it.  The thing with that is that all of his "news" was plastered all over my wall (or my page for you non-Facebook users).  He had climbed a mountain this past week and actually the pictures were amazing, so I swallowed a bit a pride to take one last stab at this and this morning wrote, "You are all over my wall... But the pictures are absolutely amazing.  I'm sure the experience was even more so. :)"  And... I got dumped, as a Facebook friend!  

I have to admit that I felt crappy after that.  It actually put me in a bad mood.  This guy, whom I met only once, whom I have no ties to, whom I completely accepted as not being into me months ago and let go, did that to me.  I guess like Summer (500 Days of Summer) he did me a favor, I got his answer.  The thing is, I knew it back in November and was completely okay with that.  Why did I need to go through all of that again? 

After work today, I talked to the same girlfriends who suggested that I ask him what his intentions were to begin with and told them this story.  The one friend who is single had a similar story happen to her.  She said that guys like to play games.  Boo...  I have been so optimistic about this.  My game plan is to be completely honest and just put it all out there so that we both know what we are dealing with and can then decided what step to take next (well not all of the first date, lol).  Brrrrrr, baby it's cold out there (my online dating stories are no better)!


No comments:

Post a Comment