Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Familiarity from a Different Sort

Last night was date number two.  It was nice.  He was nice.  I really can't go beyond the word nice.  It's not a bad thing, it's not a good thing, it's... a nice thing.  I am happy with that.  I didn't want a bad first experience nor an amazing experience.  I just needed something comfortable and safe.  That is what I got.  But its the realization of some of what makes me feel comfortable that is difficult.

There always had to be a first.  There is just no way to avoid that unless I vowed to live the rest of my life alone, which I don't want.  So here I am taking the first initial steps in moving on in my life in what I view as the absolute most important and most beautiful of ways, an initimate relationship with another person. 

Last night I cried.  I miss him. 

My date reminded me of my husband in some ways.  When I was on the date, it was familiar.  The familiarity made me feel comfortable.  But when I got home, it only reminded me that He is not here. I do not regret that I have begun my attempt to move on in this way.  I don't think that it would ever be easy, no matter how long I waited and healed.  Just as everything else, this is a process.  It's a painful one though.  It is as if wounds are being opened up again, just so that they can reheal in a different way. 

As I have stated, I know that this is a process that must occur.  It is something that I am willing to endure.  I just hope that it leads to something amazing.  I know that it exists.  I'm not sure if I'm ready for it right now.  But, amazing.  Simply, utterly, phenominally amazing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment