Tuesday, July 24, 2012

An Ending, A Beginning


Classical, instrumental music is where I have found some of my greatest solace in the past 14 months.  Although the music itself has a its own voice that guides you, there are no words to tell you directly what the meaning or purpose is for that particular piece.  I think that is what I appreciate most in my new love of music.  When I listen to Dustin's piano or Yo Yo's cello, my mind can just get lost in the moment.  There are no words to ponder, just music to captivate your mind in the way that you want it to.

When I hear this piece "An Ending, A Beginning" by Dustin O'Halloran, I get caught in the moment of a beautiful, romantic, passionate love affair as the piano and bass compliment one another perfectly.

When choosing an image to place with this piece to share with you, I knew that there was only one that I wanted.  I Googled and searched online, but could not find it.  So, I went to the place where I knew I would find it, my husband's chest with some of his most valued keepsakes.  This Celtic image that I am sharing with you is one that he had tattooed on his chest, above his heart because it reminded him of us.

This song and its title do not remind me that a part of my life has ended and a new chapter has begun.  Instead, like the intricate and infinite image above it all pieces together like a beautiful song.  



No comments:

Post a Comment