Thursday, August 23, 2012

Highway 1

Part 2 of my trip to California was the part that I was looking forward to most, the drive up from LA to San Francisco along the Pacific Coast Highway.  It really was amazing and the pictures don't do it justice.  Although I appreciated my brother driving most of scenic parts so that I could take pictures and I appreciated how well my son behaved despite the very long day spent mainly sitting in a car, it is a trip I'd like to do again one day with just one person and in a convertible!

We did stop along the way to spend the night rather than to drive all the way to San Francisco.  We stopped in Monterey, a wonderful little town on the water.  It had a wonderful aquarium, a great downtown shopping area, and an awesome playground called Dennis the Menace Park.  Again, I'll let the pictures do the talking...

Santa Barbara
What a quaint town, loved it!






Hearst Castle
This is the closest I got to it, :(
Monterey
The Monterey Aquarium
The bat ray my son touched!

The tanks were incredible!
Dennis the Menace Park, Monterey
It was quirky and my son had a blast!
The only thing that I would have changed about this part of the trip would be to have spent the night in Santa Barbara.  I love quaint towns and it was just that with a great Mexican influence.  If we had done that, then we would have had more time to take a tour of Hearst Castle, which I also would have loved to do, but we just ran out of time. But again, what an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment