Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm Back, Back in the NY Groove

After being gone for over two weeks, I am finally back home.  Home sweet home... even though I had a great time. There were a few hiccups, which had to be expected vacationing for such a long period with a toddler who is in his terrible three's stage (yup... :()  But overall, he was very good and the trip was awesome!

The first big test for this trip came on the flights to California.  Like I have posted a few times, I am not a fan of flying so flying with my son for the first time was nerve wrecking.  But... he did great!  I had a bag full of new toys and treats and he loved them.  He was so excited about going to CA and about having his own seat in an airplane.  He did wonderful and he actually was a great distraction from my own fears of flying.  I wonder how fake my brave face for him was though!?! (lol)

First stop, Los Angeles.  We stayed just outside of the city, in Manhattan Beach.  It was an uppity town, but it had a great beach and some great restaurants as well.  We didn't do anything big like Disneyland or Universal Studios, but we were busy everyday and I enjoyed the little things.  I am not going to do a rundown of every day.  Instead, I will let the pictures do the talking for California, Part 1.
Sea lions at Redondo Beach
Looking back from the pier in Manhattan Beach
Sunset at Manhattan Beach
The Getty Villa, Malibu
A Greek and Roman Museum
Santa Monica
Train Town, Griffith Park, LA
My son loves trains and it was a little park full of old trains and a miniature train that we got to ride.
Griffith Park
That is my son, riding a pony all by himself!!
Griffith Park Observatory
The views were amazing!
Here's one thing that you can see from the observatory.
View of the city LA from the observatory.
My mango margharita that I had to chug brain freeze and all after a very long day for a toddler that couldn't handle any more time out in a restaurant.  
Port of Los Angeles
For all you mothers of boys out there, you know... lol.
Long Beach
The Queen Mary from a fabulous restaurant in Long Beach
The weather was phenomenal in Los Angeles and I enjoyed this area more than I anticipated.  Good times.  Very good times.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment