Monday, October 14, 2013

One Must Climb the Tree...

To Get the Fruit

Yes, if any of you have watched Betrayal tonight, that's where I took it from.  I was going to title my post "The Process" but the moment I heard that quote, I knew it was a one that fit perfectly and seamlessly with my thoughts. 


The Process... the process that I often damn and that often damns me.  I was feeling its bitterness and it got the better of me a couple of weeks ago, with some lingering effects.  I've recently felt a deeper loneliness and with that came some feelings of self pity.  The reason?  It actually comes from the quote itself.  I feel like I have done so much... I have climbed so far.  So where is my fruit?  Why haven't I been able to reach it yet... why is it so damn high? 

Damn the process...

The process that has allowed me the pleasure and honor of raising an incredible little boy.  Not only have I been blessed with an amazing child, but I have been given the opportunity to create an extraordinary bond and connection with my son.  It is beyond words.

The process that has put me in all four corners of the United States within 3 years (Washington, California, Maine, and Florida... yup, just booked a trip to Disney for February) and has allowed me to visit plenty of other places such as Las Vegas, The Grand Canyon, Connecticut, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC, Lake George, Watkins Glen, and more trips than I can count back to my hometown to visit my family.

The process that has allowed me to strengthen my ties with my family.

The process that has allowed many new people to come into my life and to strengthen and enrich it with meaningful relationships and friendships.

The process that stripped me down to the most vulnerable of positions, but allowed for me to rebuild.  To find myself.  To be the person that I was meant to be.  And to realize that.  I am not a newly created person.  I am the person I always was... just better.  (And still a work in progress.)

The process that has motivated me to begin the process of organizing ideas and materials to create my own website business in selling/doing something that I love... writing curriculum and lessons. 

The process that taught me how to set a mouse trap in 4 seconds flat.  Or in other words, taught me that I am self sufficient and capable.  I only need someone for the important things in life... someone to walk with... to find joy, to laugh, to cry, to embrace... to love. 

The process that made me prioritize what really is most important.  The process that has alleviated so much stress in my life.

The process in which I found my voice.  My voice not only through written words, but spoken as well.  I am still working on verbally communicating my thoughts, but atleast I and others know that I do in fact have a voice... and thoughts worth sharing. 

The process that introduces me to the wrong person repeatedly, only to leave me with more "learning experiences" and often times a good story to tell. 

The process in which I have found a spiritual side to myself.  One in which I do believe and hold a strong faith. 

The process... that I often damn because it has been full of struggles, but one that I have found has put a  smile on my face and a happiness in my heart. 

That tree seems never ending and there are times like just recently when I have felt the exhaustion and frustration of that climb, but I am an active participant in my life and I refuse to stop and to wait.  The process taught me that one too.  There is a song that is out right now, "Wake me Up"by Avicii.  I immediately liked this song when I first heard it.  It's like Indie Rock meets Club... but when I really began to listen to the words, I couldn't disagree more.  If I had asked to be woken up when I am wiser and I am older... I would be missing out on so much.  Despite this uphill climb, this process... or should I rather say... it is because of the process that I feel like I am truly living.  I used to think that my "fruit" was my love, my amazing... but I take it back.  That is just one of the blessings that I will encounter and embrace along the way.  The "fruit" or the reward in the journey up is the life that is created... a full and rich life that wasn't wasted left waiting.

I am going to post that song "Wake Me Up" but I am also going to post a blog entry that I found today and enjoyed reading... I hope you read that as well.


Click here to link to the post I mentioned above.  

P.S.  I think I need to add on a new bead, even though I said I was done.  Appreciating the process is an important lesson to remember.  It can be very easy to lose sight of that when things don't seem to be going our way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment