Friday, November 1, 2013

Around the Corner

I was talking to my mom a few weeks ago about the lack of any potential men in my life.  There have been none.  Zip.  Zero.  Notta.  Other than the professor, I have not been out on a date since April.  That's a long time.  The online action has been very quiet.  I have chatted with men, but it hasn't amounted to anything.  I could have had a date a couple of weeks ago, but I changed my mind and cancelled because we basically skipped the get-to-know-you small talk and I just didn't feel like wasting my time with someone that I wasn't so interested in and whom I didn't feel was so interested in me.  So... that's been it for me in the dating world.  However...

At the end of this conversation with my mother, she told me as any good, reassuring mother would, "Don't worry, he's just around the corner."  You know, I think she's right.  I don't know why I feel that she is, but I do.  Even though there is currently no one in my life or even knocking on the door, I can't help to feel like it is going to happen soon. 

About a month ago, I booked a vacation to Walt Disney World.  It's going to be just my son and myself. Honestly, I couldn't be happier that it's just the two of us.  There's a part of me that feels like it is going to be our last big hoo-ha.  And I want that moment (those 6 days actually) with my son.  It's going to be magical and I deserve to have and to hold that time with my son all to myself. 

So... I'm just putting it out there.  For no reason other than my mother told me so, I kinda do believe that he is just "around the corner." 

No comments:

Post a Comment