Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fame!

I am not a dancer.  I don't even have enough rhythm in my whole body to fill up my little pinky.  Yet today, I found myself in a NYC dance studio!

It was actually a very cool and a very not me experience.

Tonight I went to my first belly dancing class!  And it was so much fun!  It was a small group of women... not sure if I am going to meet and make my new BFF there, lol, but... they were nice and I had a really great time.

My instructor was a cute, young Manhattanite with stars in her eyes.  The studio was full of young aspiring hopefuls.  It was neat step into that life.  It's very different than my own, even when I was in my very early twenties.  I had already planned out my life in many ways... I had my career and my future husband all lined up before I even graduated college.  But this post is not about that.

This post is about the fun I had tonight.  It's about getting out into the city and feeling its energy.  It's about trying something new.  It's about not stopping and becoming complacent in life.  It's about doing things that make you feel happy and alive.  It's about... working those hips and mastering the shimmy!  

I can't wait to go back!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment