Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Moving Mountains, Changing Rivers



A friend shared this video on Facebook this morning and I was absolutely captivated.  First off, Yellowstone Park is stunningly gorgeous.   More importantly, what a wonderful video to share the incredible impact that one animal species has on the planet.  We really must take care of this beautiful planet of ours and the plants and animals that live on it.  

But I am not an active environmentalist (unless you count recycling and donating to the WWF).  When I watched this video, more so than anything, I found it to be inspiring.  There is so much beauty in not just nature itself, but in the way that we are all connected and rely on one another, whether we realize it or not.  

We should never underestimate the power and the significance that we all possess.  If a wolf can change a river, perhaps a mind can move a mountain.


P.S.  Yellowstone Park is at the top of my list of places to take my son for about 3 years now.  I'm hoping in about 3 more, he will be old enough to handle such a rugged trip.  Typically, I don't say this, but I really can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment