Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Third Time's a Charm?!?

Guess what?  The urge got the better of me and I took out and dusted off an old book, The Happiness Project.  Now, I first started this "project"in January of 2012, right when I first began this blog.  I think I got through the first four months and then... lol.  I don't even know when I started it again for the second go around, but I do know that attempt didn't make it as far as the first.

Now, I hate when I start something and not finish it.  It makes me feel unaccomplished.  I feel like there's some loose strings and I hate that!  So why would I think about this book again!?!

Like I posted yesterday, September was a big month.  However, I left one big thing out in yesterday's post.  It's official.  John is moving in.  He's given his landlord notice and thus a date has been set, December 1.  He's moving in with me temporarily and our real "move in to our home date" is February 1st.  Funny that by the time that day comes it will have already been almost a whole year since we talked about moving in together.  But we have given this process much thought.  The extra time was wise and the two months that he will be living with me will save us lots of money for the big move, broker's fees, and a security deposit, ugh!  The nice thing is that we will have enough to buy some new furniture that will be ours.  And that is a nice thought.  But I am getting way off track here, more on all of that later.  Back to THP...

So with this big move coming, and I knew it was coming for months now, it is time to get organized!  I couldn't help but to think of THP because it really whipped me into shape organizationally both times.  I've got lots to do to get ready for John to come in here and I want to make everything as easy and as ready as possible for my move in February.  It's not just organizing, but THP was also about goal setting.  I have some pretty old "To Do" things on my list that really just need to get taken care of.  I want to start off this new life with John as fresh as I can.

As for the rest of the book, I want to tackle some of the other chapters too.  This time around though, I am not going to go in order, I am going to pick and choose as I see fit.  Besides getting reorganized, I also want to make sure that I don't become distracted with all of these big changes that living together will bring.  I still want to stay true to myself and what I believe.  I still want to explore life and try new things both with John and without.  I need to continue to develop my friendships and try to extend out and make more.  So I am hoping that this 3rd time, will be the charm, in that I will get everything that I need and want from this little book of reminders to help me stay on the path of happiness! And... if it ends up that I only see a month or two as fit, then so be it.  It will have served its purpose.

Wow... I really felt the urge to end this with a smiling sunflower, lol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment