Saturday, September 27, 2014

Wow

It didn't take very long at all to wish that I had gone to the game on Thursday.  For anyone who didn't see or hear about Derek Jeter's last game at Yankee Stadium... Wow!

I never intended to write one post about him, let alone two.  But I just couldn't help myself to write this second one because of the series of events that took place on Thursday.





There have been recent times in my life where everything seemed to align.  It was unexplainable, but even more so amazing because events that were planned and unplanned collided in such a way that it seemed surreal yet exactly as it was meant to be.  For me, my trip to the Northwest last summer is what first comes to mind.  There was so much going on at the time with my healing, understanding, and growth both spiritually and mentally.  I wrote extensively about this last year and will not go into detail about it now, but I will say that my trip... it started with a rainbow, as did Derek Jeter's night.
Kevin Meyers photo posted on Twitter




I hope that we all have times in our lives where we feel that we are exactly where we are supposed to be and that everything aligns in our favor so that the events that take place will do so in a way that they feel like they were meant to be.  I don't know of any other stories other than my own and Thursday night's to share.  So, this post isn't so much because it's Derek Jeter,  it's more about something extraordinary happening.

So... instead of me doing the run down, I will link you to a site that already did that for me, photos, videos and all!  Enjoy... history in the making.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24724675/sights-and-sounds-of-derek-jeters-final-game-at-yankee-stadium


P.S.  I have to say that I love how everything aligned so that the Oriole's tied the game and that Jeter was up to bat in the ninth.  What is even better, is that he controlled the ending of this story, his story.  It didn't have to end with him getting the game winning hit... he made it happen.  We all need a little luck and a little help, but in the end we control the outcome of our own stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment