Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Happiness Project

With the beginning of this new year, I decided to start The Happiness Project.  In case you are not familiar, it's a book/guide that focuses on a different topic each month for a whole year. These topics are meant to help you polish up your life and make you more appreciative for what you have and to improve upon the areas that are lacking or bothersome so that they no longer influence you in a way that takes away from what is important and what essentially makes you happy.

I have to admit that January's topic has kept me pretty busy and I haven't posted as much as I have wanted to basically because there just aren't enough hours in a day.  But January's topic is for another day.  Today, I want to create a list.  One of the things that the author, Gretchen Rubin, did in the beginning of her book was to create a list of 12 commandments.  I really like that idea of creating a list of things that I truly believe.  One of the purposes of this blog is for me to put myself out there, even if I am anonymous, my thoughts are genuine and I feel that once they are shared, they come to life

So here it is, my list...

1.  Trust your gut.

2.  Surround yourself with good people.

3.  Let go.

4.  Smile.

5.  Live in and enjoy the moment.

6.  You are stronger than you think you are.

7.  Find beauty in the small.

8.  Hold your head high, with confidence and grace.

9.  There are always two sides.

10.  Share your thoughts with tact and dignity.

11.  Just be.

12.   If you always choose the rational, you may miss out on the extraordinary.



No comments:

Post a Comment