Monday, September 2, 2013

Why It's So Important

I stumbled across this blog post yesterday and I couldn't agree with it more.  It's all about the secret to a happy marriage and before you continue to read my post, I think you should check it out!

As the post reports, I can (kinda) see why there may be an uproar about this view on marriage, but if it is the advice is taken in a healthy, balanced, and genuinely loving way, then I don't get it.  Of course if your 3 week old is crying out of hunger and your husband is demanding his nightly foot massage you are going to choose the child first.  But, grow up already, that's not what the point being made means.  That's why I like the examples given in this blog post and why I like the bulleted points too!

My main goal as a mother is to raise my son to be secure and happy with himself.  I do not care whether or not he goes to college.  I do not care what he grows up to be occupationally in life.  All that I care about is that he is intrinsically happy with himself.  If I have succeeded in helping to create that within him, then I am confident that he will be a good man.  A happy and productive man.  And I will know that I have done my job.

That is why it's so important... why I have devoted so much of this blog, my thoughts, focusing on what I refer to as my amazing.  That is why I am not rushing, why I have and continue to work on myself inside and now out to be the best possible me that I can be.  That's all so that I can attract the best possible person out there for me so that I can have my amazing, but also so that I can give my son the best possible gift that I can give to him... a happy, loving, secure, and healthy home.  

I know that I can do that on my own... but it's going to take the most amazing of men who will work with me and walk beside me to make all of this happen together.




No comments:

Post a Comment