Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Poll

In many ways yesterday's post was premature and assumptious.  The reason I posted it was so that my words were written and I could go back to them.  Whether I was right or wrong or just a plain fool, it is nice to be able to go back to old posts to make comparisons and connections and even if it is just to put a foot in my mouth and a dope slap to the head.  Today I am going back to an old post 500 Days of Summer as both a reminder and as a connection to yesterday's post, "Be Careful What You Wish For."

Last month, actually a day or so after my date, I added a poll to my blog.  I didn't announce it or explain it in any way, I just put it up to see what would happen.  Thank you to the 3 people (lol) who took the poll, but I was hoping for a few more voters.  The original poll is very similar to the new updated version that you now see, except I aimed my question towards moving to a new location rather than dating a particular man.  I was just curious to see how the answers would vary... (even though there would be no way of me knowing if one would vote the same way for both or not) I asked a guy friend both versions of this question.  He chose Choice B when I asked him about location.  He had a more difficult time answering when I posed it as a relationship.  He was leaning towards A, which actually surprised me.  My hypothesis would be that we are looking for a particular desired outcome or feeling.  Interesting!

That poll was actually inspired by my date.  That gut feeling that I mentioned yesterday, that gut feeling is described by Choice A.  Like I said, it's not necessarily a bad thing.  It could very well be a great thing.  If I were to vote, it would be so very tempting for me to choose Choice A.  Although I have to admit that I would think that I would find my amazing in Choice B.  Choice A reminds me of what I wrote about in "500 Days of Summer" and that frightens me.  And that is why I chose the title that I did for yesterday's post. 

I am very well aware of what I truly need and want in a man and in a relationship.  I am also very open to tweaking that list as I go.  However, there are some core values and expectations that I won't compromise with.  So while I am I am aware of all of this, I am also aware of how alluring this man is.  That would be his word.  I hope it is for the right reasons though.  Since it has only been one date, I think it's okay to have got stuck in the moment with him and if that happens again tomorrow, I am okay with that too.  It is fun and it is exciting and I very much need and want that.  Should this however continue on, I have to be careful to not remain stuck in the moment. 

Does this mean that I am not going to give this a genuine and true shot, no way!  That is part of the fun and the excitement, the rewards and the risks in forming a relationship.  And who knows, maybe it will just end with a second date. But for now, I have something great to look forward to tomorrow night.  Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment