Thursday, August 22, 2013

Dale Chihuly

My hotel was located near the Space Needle and near the neighborhood known as City Center.  I was quite a bit away from downtown and at first I was bummed.  However, I ended up spending most of my time near the city center mainly because at night, I didn't want to wander too far out by myself.  So for that reason I stumbled upon the a very cool looking science center and children's theater (I didn't go into either, but this trip is one I'd like to take again with my son and I'd definitely bring him to both of those places!).  I also happened upon a very cool looking glass exhibit.  It was lit up at night and it was captivating.  So on my very last day of my trip I bought a ticket into the exhibit and I could now add exquisite to the list of adjectives to describe my NW trip.

What made this even better is that as soon as I entered the exhibit, I recognized the work (I actually have photos of it in my bathroom as decor).   Dale Chihuly's glass work is displayed on the ceiling in the Bellagio.  I took pictures of it when I was on my trip to Las Vegas... you got it, the very same trip that introduced me to landscape photography and which essentially inspired this trip.  It was all tied together!!  But enough with the words, be amazed...

















No comments:

Post a Comment