Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Seattle

I really liked Seattle.  It wasn't as pretty or as quint as Portland, but it was on the water.  And it was surrounded by mountains,  including Mt. Rainier, which was awesome to see!   It was a very modern looking city and it was quiet.  When I walked around the city, the traffic seemed so calm.  There weren't any horns beeping and there really wasn't much traffic at all in fact.  But there was something edgy about Seattle and I could totally see how grunge started there. I could also see myself living there too.  If it weren't for the rain and the gloom I could possibly live there year round.  But I'm from western NY, I know the gloom that is winter and much of spring.  I don't like it.  So instead, I could definitely see myself living there in the summer!!



'



My hotel had a 360 degree view of the city... this was my view!

Approaching Seattle from the ferry we took to and from the Olympic Peninsula

For all you sport fans out there... the stadiums that house the Mariners and Seahawks

Mt. Rainier from the ferry... It's located just to the right of the stadiums

Sunset from the top of the Space Needle... Yes, I had to be a tourist.  I even ate dinner up there.  Salmon, of course.  It was delicious!

Mt. Rainier from the top of the Space Needle at sunset

Seattle from the top of the Space Needle


Pike's Place Market

No comments:

Post a Comment