Friday, August 9, 2013

Something Spectacular

 I just returned this morning from my trip to the northwest.  Sentimental, Poetic, Majestic, Spectacular, Amazing... that's how I'd describe this trip.  It was perfect actually.  I tried to capture every bit of my experience and that's what I will be sharing these next few days.  My perspective through a different lens as I try to share more through photos than words.  

 



Photo: Sometimes you find yourself in exactly the right place at exactly the right time. And if you are paying attention, you may just stumble across something amazing... A rainbow... View from my plane.
"Sometimes you find yourself in exactly the right place at exactly the right time.  And if you are paying attention, you may just stumble across something amazing."  -Me :)






The wonder of my vacation actually began on the plane ride to Portland.  It was a perfect day for flying and as I flew across the northern United States, I could admire the landscape.  Somewhere between Cleveland and Portland (Montana?)  I noticed a very large and unique cloud.  It instantly caught my attention which led me to take out my camera.  It wasn't until we had already passed the cloud that I decided to take a look back on it for a different perspective.  And that is when I saw it... a rainbow.  When I first saw it, it was much more vibrant.  In only the seconds that it took me to snap a shot, the colors already began to fade.  But it was amazing.  I had never seen anything like it and I don't think that anyone else on the plane noticed it, atleast no one sitting near me.  It was one of those moments where you know you were exactly where you were supposed to be.  That set the tone for my entire trip and it was something spectacular, truly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment