Sunday, August 25, 2013

Makeup Makeover

So after reading quite a bit about dating and all that jazz I have come to the conclusion that I need want to improve my appearance.  Not so long ago, I posted An Acquired Taste and Outer Shell and at the end of July I had a makeup consultation (unfortunately not with the friend I had mentioned) at Sephora's.  The woman was great and I was with her for 2 hours!  Lol... not sure if that is a good thing, did I need that much help!?!  The sad thing is, I kinda did.  I'm 34 years old, I have been wearing makeup for 20? years and have never really learned how best to apply it, best colors, etc.  I've read magazines and have watched plenty of episodes of "What Not to Wear," but I was in need of a more hands on approach.


It was lots of fun!  And it was amazing how (nearly) flawless my skin can actually look.  Even the dark circles under my eyes were diminished to the point where I felt pretty and confident.  All it took was a few tricks and a couple of new products and viola! 

I think what I like best is that I have three looks to go to.  I have a color palette that is more neutral and simple and one that I wear when I am out and about doing errands, etc. and will wear when I go back to work.  I have another color palette that is actually my favorite... I feel like it makes my eyes pop, but that too is simple but one that I will wear when I go out for dinner and even dates.  And finally, I "learned" the smokey eye (I'm still practicing, lol) but I will leave that for a more sultry type of night.  The best part is that in all of these looks, it is still just me.  I am not wearing any more makeup than I already was, I am just using it smarter. 

I am so happy that I did this!  I do feel so much prettier with my same old, but updated face.  So after my appointment I strutted around the city with my sunglasses in my bag (had to show off my eyes! lol) and felt fantastic!  As I was doing this, I ran into a man who was doing a promotion for a salon.  It was a great deal and I did something I never ever do... I bought the promotion off the street.  This promotion gives me two sessions at a Manhattan salon.  The first session is an image consultation, conditioning treatment, haircut, color consultation and highlights. The second session is a skin analysis and facial along with a neck and shoulder massage.  It was a great deal and just what I was looking for.  Because what's next on my list... you got it... my hair!  Ugh....

No comments:

Post a Comment