Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Turkish Tom Cruise

My Tom Cruise can do that with scissors!
Now I'm talking classic Tom Cruise. the one we all fell in love with in the 80's.  I would even go so far as to compare my Turkish TC to Top Gun TC, however, my TC is my hair stylist and the way he flips and works those scissors, it's more like Tom Cruise making a dirty martini in Cocktail!

Typically, I let my hair grow way out in between cuts not because it looks good, but because I try to stretch out my hair styling between visits to my home town.  Why would I go to a teeny tiny city in the corner of western NY to get a haircut and highlights when I live in NYC!?!  Easy... $$$!  I do like my hometown hair stylist, she does good work.  But, what I love more is that I can get a cut and coloring both for the price of just a haircut in NYC.  But, sometimes the time is just too far between and I have to get it done here. 

So today I visited my TTC.  This is only the second time that I have gone to him and the last time was about a year ago.  But, he remembered me!  And he convinced me to go super short with a full bang.  Not only that, this style... "European" he says is cut unevenly.   Boy, am I living on the edge!  I love symmetry and the last time my hair was cut uneven was not intentional... it was done by me in college when I had very curly hair and no one could tell, lol.  But about the cut... I like it.  It's fun, flirty, and classy all at the same time.  I just hope it doesn't make me look too classy or aka... old.  I am also worried that it may stray some potential dates away (I'm having a hard enough time as it is!) as men seem to love long hair.  But, we shall see as I officially reveal it to the public tomorrow at work.

But anyways, back to the headliner, my Turkish Tom Cruise... he obviously is very good looking.  The weird thing is that both times I was there, there was NO one else at the salon.  No customers... no other stylists.  Both times I did go in the evening closer to closing time, but still, a little weird.  Let me tell you... both times I was there I did let my mind wander as I was being taken care of he worked on my hair.  I tried to channel my inner Samantha Jones and I didn't even need to question WWSD (What would Samantha do?)?  But how would you even... what to say... where to begin...?!?

It was fun to imagine I must admit.  It was even more fun to hear him tell me how great I look with this cut.  And how great he told me I looked for having had a child (our small talk was very limited... I'd like to think we were both daydreaming... Although he probably concentrating on my hair, the sharp scissors, those sorts of things, huh?) However, I did make him really smile and maybe even blush a bit when I said I think I need to take him home so that he can do my hair every morning (I kinda really meant that, lol).  

As I departed he told me to give. him. a. call. if. I. had. any. questions. about. the. cut...?  Lol... did he really mean that?  Anyways, I may not have found my inner Samantha Jones.  I will not call him with questions about my cut.  But, I did leave with a smile as he is just so sweet (and hot) and I want him to stay like that.  So that is the thought that kept me company on the subway ride home... Have I been disappointed (and have heard so many disappointing stories from others) to the point where I would rather keep an ideal of a person than to risk the chance that someone can be both sweet and hot at the same time?  In this case I will... but I am still holding out hope.  (And hopefully this new hair style will help me along the way!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment