Sunday, March 3, 2013

Body Over Mind

I have spent more than a year and a half taking care of my mind... letting myself grieve, accepting my loss, letting go of confusion, starting over, refinding and defining myself, and becoming more confident in who I have become.  I will always be a work in progress as there will always be learning and growing to be had.  However, at this point in my life, I feel that I am in a good place.  I don't feel as if I need to focus so heavily on the health of my mind. 

It's time for me to start taking better care of my body from the outside.  Overall, I think I do a decent job.  I try to eat healthy and I do exercise regularly.  However, I know that I can do a much better job.  For my age (34) and for having had a child, I do think that I am still in really good shape.  There are things about my body that I wish were different, like longer legs and bigger boobs, but there's not a whole lot I can do about that except to have surgery and to go on a mega high heeled shoe shopping spree (hmmm... the shoe shopping sounds fantastic!).  But there are some things that I want to tone up and maintain that I do have control over.  I feel that I am at a critical point in my life right now where I can be content with having a nice shape that slowly plumps, sags, and ages.  OR, I am still in good enough shape where I don't have to put in an extreme amount of effort to tone up and look even better as I head into my mid-thirties (ugh).  I am opting for the latter.  So, I am opting for... p90x!

Ever heard of it!?!  It became really big a few years ago and luckily I know someone who bought the program that no longer uses it, so I get to borrow it for free, yes!  I am nervous... I really want to be dedicated and stick to the program so I hope that I will, but I am nervous that I won't, mainly because it's an at home workout and I have no one here to push me or guilt me.  It's going to have to be complete self dedication, encouragement, and reinforcements (new shoes!?).  But, I really do want to get my abs and booty back in awesome shape.  And if I start very soon, I will finish the 90 days just in time for June and the summer! 

One of my goals for The Happiness Project for March was to figure out a way to exercise more regularly and rigorously.  I think I found what I was looking for.  So nervous yes, but I am excited too.  I hope that excitement will be enough to carry me to the point to where I start seeing some results.  When that happens, I am sure that I will be able to see this program through to the end... mind over body, body over mind.  


No comments:

Post a Comment