Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Signs

I've never been one who was into astrological signs.  I even found it odd that some of the dating websites specifically ask about it and make it a part of your profile.  I know that I am a Sagittarius and other than very, very rarely reading my daily horoscope for pure entertainment value only, I don't give much or any thought towards it. 

I have felt recently that I need to change things up a bit.  I have settled into a routine and have a great balance of managing working full time and being a full time mommy as well.  I have managed to keep up with the little things of running a home, going out with friends (and even an occasional date, lol), and just some me time... like going to the gym.  I've felt though like I've needed to shake things up a bit.  Not much because I am truly grateful for some of the things in my life that truly make life and the balancing of it all that much easier.  To shake things up for instance, I have decided to put my gym membership on hold for a few months and I am instead doing p90x just to give workout a little pizazz.  I've also spent a good amount of money and time (thinking and planning) shopping and redecorating my home just to update and freshen up a bit.  Like I said, nothing drastic, but just enough. 

Today at lunch, I was eating with my daily group of coworkers, and astrology came up.  Some people are really into this stuff and take it very seriously.  To me, it still sounds fun.  However, I gained a different perspective as well, and that is... why not?  I have told myself just about anything that I think I needed and wanted to hear to get through some tough days and tough times.  I constantly am looking for the silver lining in situations and have even dedicated 99% of my blog posts to doing just that.  So, why not add another flavor to my life?  I am not going to get hard core into the signs, but if I find a reading that works for me on any given day, there is no harm in that.  And after I read my daily horoscope, I have to admit that I uploaded the app onto my phone and I sure that I will find some time in the early a.m. to read my horoscope for that day as well.

I feel as though I am going through another step of growing pains.  This one my be the most difficult.  I say that because I feel that this is what my mind has taken great care in protecting me from.  But, I wasn't ready to face this yet.  Through a series of more recent events, I feel that shield slowing moving to the side as I become more and more ready to deal with what's behind, what I have been protecting myself from.  I am not trying to build suspense.  I am still trying to grasp my true thoughts and feelings and what this all means, to me.

But here was my horoscope for today...

You may have invested a lot of time and effort into something that doesn't seem to be turning out so well.  This is probably a great cause of disappointment, Sagittarius- but it needn't be.  No matter the outcome, you have already made an essential connection or learned something that you needed to know, and that may have been the only reason you were involved in the first place.  If you can accept that you are exactly where you are meant to be, and that precisely the right thing is happening, you will "get" the point of it all.  

I had a bit of an epiphany on Sunday.  Had I not, this horoscope wouldn't have made such an impact.  But on this day, it makes perfect sense and it fits not only the situation but my frame of mind as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment