Monday, January 20, 2014

All on a Day

MLK, Jr. Day... Four years ago today I bought my car.  That was such an awful experience.   The worst part about that experience was what occurred to me about my relationship with Dale.  It was then that I began to realize how awful our communication was, how disconnected we were, and how unsupportive he could be of me and my decisions.  January of 2010... That seemed to be the beginning of what snowballed out of control by the end of that year.

MLK, Jr. Day... One year ago today was the last day that I spent with and saw Jesse.  I spent almost the last entire year wanting to see him again.  But he never called back in May and we never just bumped into one another in the neighborhood or on the subway (we lived close).  Other than a bottle of perfume, it's almost as if he never existed.  I deleted the texts.  Never had any pictures.  He really did disappear from my life without a trace and one year ago today was the last day that I had with a man that I truly cared about and with whom broke my heart.

MLK, Jr. Day... Today my New Yorker is really my New Yorker now as we decided that we are in a real relationship.  I am still not in love but I do love him for who he is.  Not so long ago I described him as vibrant and loving.   I need to add genuine to that list as well.  As I am getting to know him more and more, I am finding that all of the things that I thought he may be are really true.  And it's not true because I am psychic or that I am delusional, they are true because he truly is who he says he is and how he presents himself to be.  He's honest... genuine.  I cannot imagine anyone being more right for me at this moment in time.  The best part, he feels the same.  And, we're happy.  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment