Saturday, April 6, 2013

An Update

Yesterday I received some very good news about my dog.  Her blood test results came back normal!  She doesn't have any kidney damage or disease.  That ham wreaked havoc on her little body.  But, she was able to come back home yesterday.  The problem now is that she is not eating.  I'm wondering if she is just scared to.  One time I shut the window on her head in the car... yah, she never popped her head out again.  One time I slammed the door on her tail and actually took the tip off... good God that was awful, but from then on, she always runs out the door.  (I really wasn't that bad of a dog mom!)  I just hope she starts eating soon so that other complications don't arise. 

I was at work when my father called me with the news.  My eyes immediately filled with tears and I had to take a moment to compose myself.  I was just so happy and relieved.  My spirits truly lifted, until tonight...

Unfortunately, my grandmother's diagnosis has not improved.  Actually, I was told just a few hours ago that she is now on a morphine drip which means that the end is coming very soon.  I know that my grandfather, my mother and her sisters are all there with her and will be until the very end.  I hope for my grandmother that she can feel the love surrounding her and that her passing is indeed a peaceful one.  For my family, I hope it comes sooner than later.  I'm sure they want to embrace every last moment, but waiting for the inevitable is grueling. 

This is all part of life though, isn't it?  :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment