Sunday, January 27, 2013

Little Reminders


As I have posted so many times, this past year + has been a journey for me... a journey of discovery about myself, people, spirituality, and life.  Along the way, I collected little reminders to keep close to me so that I wouldn't forget what I found to be most important.  I have shared bits and pieces of my collection before, but there are some pieces I have yet to share.  Since I am trying to regain balance once again and do not want to forget or let fade what I have learned along the way, I am going to share my collection of what I have learned thus far in my journey.



Passion... You have but one life to live.  Live it with passion and enjoy the moment.  Don't let fears and past experiences take away from your present and future happinesses.




Words... This one was actually given to me to represent this blog.  But words... hold so much power.  Don't ever underestimate the power that they hold and more importantly the value of the person who is brave enough to share them.

Auburn Swirl Bead

Don't Settle... What you are looking for is out there.  Be patient and don't rush or settle for anything less than what you want and deserve.






Independence...  You are stronger, greater, wiser, and more beautiful than you ever imagined yourself being.  Don't ever underestimate what you are capable of accomplishing.  "You plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers." (Veronica Shoffstall)


Simplicity...  Simple Beauty... It is the little things, the simple things in life that matter the most.  That look, that smile.  A hug.  Laughter.  Quiet moments.  Sunsets.  Waves crashing.  A cool breeze.  Summer rain.  Autumn leaves. The sun... glimmering through aspen.

Loss... Heartache.  You cannot go through life without experiencing this.  It's inevitable.  When you lose someone that you love, you don't really lose them.  All you have to do is open your eyes and your heart and you will see that they are always with you.  You may not be able to see them, but you can feel them.
"The best and most beautiful things in life cannot be seen or even touched.  They must be felt with the heart."  Helen Keller



Love... Happiness... "Wherever your heart lies is where you will find your treasure."  This is what is engraved into this charm. 

Inner Light... We each have our own inner light.  It is strong, bright, and beautiful.  The human spirit.  We gravitate towards those people whom shine the brightest onto us and for us. 




Balance... Organized chaos is a term us teachers often use.  All of our ducks don't need to be lined up in perfect rows in order to have balance.  As long as you don't give up, don't lose sight, and fight for all of the things that are most important to you... they will always find their way back.



Yes, my charm bracelet.  A very random collection of life lessons learned with more room at add on.   Take a close look at those who wear them.  I wonder what story theirs tells?  Who knows, maybe you'll even find me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment