Thursday, June 6, 2013

I Hope You Dance

I am not a country music fan.  I couldn't tell you another song that Lee Ann Womack has sung.  But, I can tell you that this song, "I Hope You Dance" is one of my favorite songs.  It is a song that I do not have on my playlist.  It is a song that I do not listen to often.  It is a song that I often forget about.   It is a song that touches my spirit and brings me to tears every time that I hear it.

This song my husband and I chose for the bridal party dance at our wedding.  Our bridal party consisted of the people that were closest to us in our lives back then and we both felt that we wanted every word of this song for those people who were so near and dear to our hearts.

Before our son was born, we were given a book.  It is called I Hope You Dance but it is written by Mark D. Sanders and Tia Sillers.  What the authors did was that they took the lyrics to this song and added on their own poetic thoughts.  It's a very warm and heartfelt read.  I look forward to the day when I can read this to my son and tell him that this is not only what I want for him, but what his father had wanted too.

Enough said.  Just listen...


No comments:

Post a Comment