Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Beauty Inside

In March of 2012, I happened upon Dustin O'Halloran.  Immediately after watching the movie "Like Crazy" I downloaded the soundtrack in which he composed the original score for.  Fifteen months later, he has been my go to place.  It is where I find comfort, peace, and hope.   I listen to him on the subway when the image of the way my husband would stand and make faces at me from across the car is still so very real to me.  I listen to it at night when I cannot fall asleep.  I listen to it at work when I am alone in my room and need the company.  I listen to it when I write posts.  I listen to it when I am on my way on a date.  I have yet to tire of listening the beauty that I find in his exquisite talent on the piano.  So I have wanted to write a post about him, Mr. Dustin O'Halloran.

Absolutely beautiful, captivating, exquisite, even breathtaking... words that I would use to describe what he creates.  I cannot help but to wonder who he is.  I wonder if I would find the man in him, his mind... to match his talent, his art, his passion.  No, I am not obsessed with him, his music perhaps, but not him.  It just makes me wonder.  Then, I happened upon his new soundtrack that was just recently released... "The Beauty Inside."  It couldn't have been a more perfect title as it fit my wondering exactly. So, he gets the title, not the actual film itself which I will touch upon in tomorrow's post. 

Last year I missed two potential opportunities to see him live.  He usually only tours in Europe.  However, he came to both New York City and Chicago last summer.  It just so happened that I was not in NYC when he played here.  I was so upset that I considered flying to Chicago for the day (that's all the time I had) just to see him.  I decided not to.  I wish I had.  I am going to make every effort to go to wherever he may be next time he comes to the United States, even if it is for just a night or two... I would trade that for a vacation.

The Beauty Inside... I love the thought of those words.  We all carry our own beauty within.  The short film series that holds this title is just one of those poetic, feel good films that just gets to you.  It touches all that is beautiful in the human spirit and it deserves a post of its own which I will share tomorrow.  Until then, this is called "Museum Nights."



No comments:

Post a Comment