Sunday, June 2, 2013

p111x

Back in March I started the p90x workout program.  What I find most rigorous about this program is that it is 6 days a week and the workouts are between 60-90 minutes long.  What is so disappointing is that I have worked so hard to commit myself to this program, oftentimes finishing a workout well after 11 pm, yet I am still 3 weeks behind.  Between getting sick a couple of times, a funeral, and visits from my parents (it's weird to workout in front of them in my small apartment!) this workout is extending out much further that I anticipated and I just want it to end!  p90x has really turned into p111x for me as long as all goes well this month and I can finish all of the sessions.  I hope, hope, hope nothing more comes up because this is going to take me up to the end of June.  Literally just in time for my vacation to Maine... not exactly a tropical getaway, but I will definitely be sporting my bikini!

So what do I think of this workout?  I actually really like it, alot!  The instructor Tony makes me laugh.  But what I like most is that there are 12 CD's that all work something different.  My favorites are yoga and kempo (kickboxing).  But there are others like shoulders, triceps, biceps, and back... things that I never worked on in the gym and I actually see the most improvement in these areas. 

What do I have to show for completing two phases/months of this program... lol. I lost 1 pound.  And 1 inch in my right bicep.... Seriously!!! My right bicep!?!  Lol!  I am not bummed about the 1 pound.  My intent was not to loose weight.  My intent was to tone.  And I feel it.  I really do.  My legs, my back, my shoulders... even the little wings (triceps) under my arms are gone!  I still hope to tone my belly even more, but overall I am happy with the results.  And I still have a whole month to go... Yay (that was kinda sarcastic). 

Last week I cancelled my gym membership.  I never thought I would be disciplined enough to do a home workout program.  I am proud of myself because I really have dedicated myself.   Once it is over, I do plan on continuing it, but just not everyday.  That is so difficult for me to do.  But I plan on working out every other day. 

It's important for me to continue to work on myself.  This has been more than just a workout.  Yes, I am going to and have started to enjoy the results that I am seeing in my body.  I do feel sexier.  It has also been important to me to prove to myself that I could dedicate myself to something that I didn't do before (I never worked out 6x a week, unless you count playing sports in high school) and don't necessarily want to do everyday, believe me!  It may end up taking a bit longer than planned, but p90x has helped me to feel better about myself both inside and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment