Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Inner Goddess

I hesitated to title this post "Inner Goddess" in fear that what will immediately be drawn to mind is 50 Shades of Grey.  As the thought of that makes me want to throw up in my mouth (yup, that bad), I assure you this post is not about that book,  and for any of you fans out there, no offense ;).  Actually, I did read the first book and only the first book.  So basing my comparison to what this post is really about, to only the first book, Anastasia's "inner goddess" doesn't compare in my view. 

Since this new phase of my life is about embracing myself I am excited that at this point I feel myself focusing on the feminine part of me.  Women are amazing and I think I am going to have lots of fun exploring femininity (not feminism) but the simple beauty of being a woman.  And where better to start than with our inner goddess. 

 And what better place to start a little research than Google (blush, blush).  But I did, I Googled "Inner Goddess" and after pushing away the 50 Shades like spiderwebs, I came across an author, Anita Revel (Wikipedia) and I loved how she defined the term inner goddess... "When a woman is able to transcend inhibitive social expectations or perceived behavioral requirements and instead act in a way that is right for her, she is said be honoring her inner goddess. Anita defines the inner goddess as "... the beautiful, sassy, intuitive, lovable, sacred and authentic Self that we were born to be."

She has also wrote a list of 7 guidelines to help us all find and embrace our inner goddess.  Our inner goddess...
  • Celebrates her physical body and her connection to Earth, family and humanity
  • Is comfortable with infinite abundance, emotional flow and creative freedom
  • Is proud of her Self and her actions in all her aspects
  • Fosters mutually fulfilling relationships at all levels
  • Speaks her truth with diplomacy and shares her learnings with grace
  • Clearly knows what is right for her, and acts in honour of her innate wisdom and intuition
  • Revels in her divine purpose/work with gratitude, dignity and generosity

I like these guidelines so much, they might just help inspire upcoming posts!

Okay, so I wanted to end this post with some kind of inspirational feminine quote or poem, but in my search, I found this...

“My inner goddess is jumping up and down, clapping her hands like a five year old.”

Guess where that came from?  Really Anastasia, a five year old?  Point made.!.  ;)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment